Travel nurses are nurses who travel to a variety of geographic locations for short-term nursing assignments in a medical facility. These nurses will fill in for full-time nurses on leave or during peak work times in such places as a hospital, doctors office, or other medical facilities. The salary is quite high with assignments usually lasting about 13 weeks.
The job interview for a travel nurse is a bit different than when interviewing for a traditional nursing position. Interviews are done over the phone instead of in-person. Normally a human resources manager will review your resume and decide if you will make a good temporary addition to the medical team. If the manager wants to interview you, he or she will contact the travel nursing company where you are a member. Once an interview has been arranged, you will be contacted about the time that you will receive the interview phone call. It is important to adequately prepare for the phone interview.
But before you can get to an interview you have to nail the resume. After talking to several veteran travel nurses, we divided our list of helpful resume tips into two sections: New Travel Nurse Resume Tips & Veteran Travel Nurse Resume Tips.
New Travel Nurse Career Tips
- I would recommend laying your resume out from top to bottom as takes after: Intro, Education, Internships, Professional Experience, Summary of Qualifications. This is an exceptionally consistent design for an entry-level nursing resume. The introduction ought to be a short passage or target explanation that quickly condenses your experience. At that point you go straight into training since this is the thing that contracting supervisors are worried about when managing entry-level nurses. Next, you share an insight about your temporary jobs and afterward about your expert experience, which you just need to broadly expound about if it’s important. For example, on the off chance that you were a clerk you might need to show it, however, you don’t have to go into the specifics of your duties since they aren’t generally important. In conclusion, incorporate a synopsis area with visual cues laying out your experience. They can be particular abilities or they can be more summed up, as “Ready to discuss successfully with patients, families, and clinical associates”. I observe this to be a solid approach to finish up the resume.
- If you are an entry-level employment searcher, you have to put a considerable measure of concentrate on your instruction and preparing. At any rate, incorporate data on the school or program you went to, the years you went to, and the degree you acquired. You can even go above and beyond and list the courses you took while seeking after your degree or accreditation. This will indicate bosses that you finished the fundamental educational programs and will likewise help include some key watchwords inside the setting of your resume.
- Go into insight about your required temporary jobs or preceptorships. You ought to incorporate data with respect to the clinical office you worked in, the dates you worked there, and your day by day duties in the position. Try not to be reluctant to make this the most definite piece of your entry-level resume, particularly since your don’t have much expert involvement in the field to draw from. Speak in insight about the nursing experts you worked with and the level of patient collaborations you had. In the event that you used specific restorative hardware, it’s a decent time to bring that up too.
- You don’t have to incorporate references in your entry-level nursing resume. On the off chance that an organization, healing center, or enlisting director needs to see references from you they will inquire. Commonly, reference checks are made later in the procuring procedure, after a progression of interviews, and they will fill you in as to whether/when you have to present a rundown of references.
- Don’t try too hard. Too many individuals tend to compose a 3 page novel and pass it off as a resume, which is unquestionably a no-no for an entry-level applicant. The best advice I can give you is keep it short, keep it concise, and keep it genuine. All things considered, you would prefer not to threaten an employing administrator by giving them Tolstoy to peruse. Rather, as with any powerful promoting tool, you need to give the peruser simply enough data to abandon them needing to know more. That is the point at which they call you for a meeting and THAT’s the point at which you truly offer yourself.
Veteran Travel Nurse Career Tips
- If you are a set up proficient your resume will look somewhat not quite the same as somebody applying for an entry-level nursing position. For one thing, I would prescribe including an “Outline of Qualifications” or “Zones of Expertise” segment at the extremely top. I recommend a short presentation or target proclamation, and after that prompt some bulleted focuses that highlight your most amazing achievements in the business. This is an incredible chance to pack in some vital catchphrases that will help you be seen in HR programming applications. You can utilize watchwords that are found part of the set of working responsibilities for the occupation you plan to apply for, or utilize more summed up terms like “Restorative Terminology”, “Quiet Relations”, and so on.
- Do not really expound about your instruction, particularly if it’s somewhat obsolete. You ought to incorporate ALL of your instruction and preparing, however you truly don’t have to really expound unless it is extremely significant and later. On the off chance that you just took a particular course in phlebotomy, by all methods say that as one of your qualities. In any case, the fundamental concentrate ought to be on your clinical and handy involvement in the field since that is the thing that businesses truly need to see.
- Make beyond any doubt you specify your level of collaboration with patients. Most nursing are exceptionally quiet situated so it’s essential for you to incorporate data in regards to the sorts of patients you’ve worked with in different clinical settings.
- You don’t have to incorporate references in your expert nursing resume. In the event that an organization, healing center, or enlisting director needs to see references from you they will inquire. Regularly, reference checks are made later in the enlisting procedure, after a progression of interviews, and they will fill you in as to whether/when you have to present a rundown of reference.
- Don’t try too hard. Too many individuals tend to compose a 3 page novel and pass it off as a resume. The best advice I can give you is keep it short, keep it compact, and keep it genuine. All things considered, you would prefer not to threaten a procuring director by giving them Tolstoy to peruse. Rather, as with any powerful showcasing tool, you need to give the peruser simply enough information to abandon them needing to know more. That is the point at which they call you for a meeting and THAT’s the point at which you truly offer yourself.